Lazlorrobot, like other human beings on Planet Earth in the 21st century, is an artificial human, a slave of capitalism. Lazlorrobot is a two-spirit video DJ biorobot. He is the only currently known living member of Dr. Gero’s secret entertainer Cyborg-series #4 (Gero developed Lazlo under the project name L4.). Similarly to Cyborg 16, who was modeled to Gero’s dead son, the body of Lazlorrobot was intentionally designed to a gentle soul, in alignment with his entertaining nature, and in order to avoid the risk of being destroyed by him. Gero was originally planned to create android twins – one female, one male – using a future Hungarian-Rroma couples’ genes, but an unidentified radioactive radiation reached the laboratory during the experiment. As the result of the radiation, he was no longer sure in the goodness of his creations, therefore he wanted to keep them far from himself. He traveled back to the Future and implemented the embryos into the original biological mother. The female fetus did not survive the vicissitudes, but the Universe already sent down two souls. They finally arrived in one remained, biological male body.
The female soul of Lazlorrobot is “Lacika La Chica”. Her main musical profile is disco, defined by her biological father. The male soul is called Kui, he plays in the genres house and techno. Kui produces the own videoloops of Lazlorrobot. The simultaneous presence of two souls operates Lazlorrobot, who collects, plays and creates regardless of genre.
This is how Lazlorrobot was born to the other side of the Earth with two souls. Sometimes breaking out of his work, to dance and create the Past with the music and images of the Present and the Future, in the hope of real liberation.
- Berlin SO36 Studio36 (2021) (disco)
- Budapest Pride – Budapest Pride official truck (2021) / Roma LGBTQ float (2018-2019)
- Berlin – Transmission Aerobics Open Air – Recorded DJ set (2021) (disco and tech-house DJ sets)
- Budapest Pride Online Party (2020) (Romani – world dance – dance/electronic)
- Pécs Pride Online party (2020) | After Party (2021) (Romani Dance – Rroma Pop)
- Düsseldorf Campfire Festival (2019) (Romani – world dance – dance/electronic)
- Amsterdam Tropikali Festival (Kalinichta Stage) (2019) (World dance / World Electronic)
- Venice Venice Biennale FUTUROMA Exhibition (2018) (Romani / World Dance-Electronic)
- Berlin – Roma Day / Roma Pride Parade (2019)
- Berlin – Maxim Gorki Theater :: Delaine Le Bas – Beware of Linguistic Engineering (2022)
- Berlin – Come out Now! The 1st Roma Biennale / Roma Parade – DJ, artist (2018)
- Berlin – European Roma Institute of Art and Culture (2018)
- Prague Pride Parade 2015-2019 (Prague Pride Float/Ara Art Roma-LGBT Float/Mama Shelter Hotel Float)
- Prague – Romea.cz Birthday Party (2018)
- Prague International Roma Day Balkan – Gypsy – World (2017-2018)
- Romani Design Fashion Shows (2015-)
- Bratislava – Teplaren Gay Party (2017)
- Brno – Roma Museum x Hate Free Exhibition After Party (2017)
- Kosice – Pride After Party (2017)
- Strasbourg – Rainbow Parade Official Closing Party (2017)
- VIBE Budapest Dance – Pop – Remixes – House (2017)
- Brussels – Balkan – Gypsy – Arabic – Turkish LGBT Party (2016)
- Amsterdam Pride Parade 2015-2016 (Rob’s Tech House / House Float)
- OSCE – ODIHR Youth Activist Seminar 2016 Budapest
- Budapest Pride Parade 2015-2019 (Trucks of WeAreOpen/QRTV Europa + Closing Party Main Floor – House / Tribal House / Tech House sets)
- Casa Colonial Ibiza Weekly DJ Sets (slow-disco, nu-disco, lounge, deep house) (2016 Summer)
- Tutu Budapest (December 2015 – House)
- Garcons Budapest (July 2015 – House / Pop Remixes)
- Some of the events as DJ L4
Budapest Pride 2013-2018 (Nyitottak Vagyunk – We Are Open)
Sziget Fesztival Budapest – Magic Mirror (2013 LGBT floor)
Garcons 2013 – 2015 (monthly – largest gay party of Hungary since 2013)
Confetti Party (2012-2013)
About Laszlo Farkas
Laszlo Farkas aka Lazlorrobot is a Hungarian media producer, DJ and queer Roma activist. Between 2015 and 2019 he was the main organizer of the Roma LGBTQI floats for Budapest Pride. He is the founder and editor of queer Roma community related media projects (“QRTV Europa”, “TV Baxtale“) and the radio project called “Cosmocaravan” (earlier Radio Shun.es). As a DJ, he plays in several genres and a mixture of them: electronic dance, disco, indie dance, house, tech house, Roma music, world music.
He gained his experiences in communication, film and media production at one of Hungary’s largest television channels and as the social media team leader of a media agency. Based on his initiative, hashtags and QR codes were tested and used on screen in Hungarian television for the first time.
In 2014, he was awarded the Certificate of Appreciation by the Dr. Varga Jozsef Hungarian Rural Talent Encouragement Program as an “exemplary career starter”. Between 2015 and 2017, he was member of the online jury in digital media awards for the leading Hungarian creative communications magazine, Kreativ.hu.
László Farkas was nominated for the Hungarian Roma Press Center Prize called “Aranypánt-díj” which is awarded to successful Hungarian Roma youth.
Since 2020, he has been a member of the Ame Panzh (“The Five of Us”) Roma activist collective. The collective was nominated for the Free Prize of the Hungarian Civil Liberties Union in 2021 based on their volunteer media work and for their stands for a better Roma representation. In 2022 they were awarded Raoul Wallenberg Prize.
Former DJ profiles: Elfour Zedeloh, DJ Elfour, DJ L4, Gypsyrobot.
This post is also available in: Magyar (Hungarian)